And while this is our first blog post in in several moons, that doesn't mean that VBike hasn't been hard at work and getting ready to bring some awesome magic to Vermont.
- Growing our Fleet - 4 incredible family electric cargo bikes, 3 adaptive e-trikes and e-bikes, and 2 great commuter bikes. We've invested in over $6000 worth of e-assist technology and have had some major donations of bike from manufacturers. More on that later.
- Take it Home! - Our award-winning program is restarting in mid-May! Bring a bike home.
- Research & Product Testing - We've been testing studded tires for the winter, e-assist kits, lighting systems, and more of what works for Vermont.
- VBike's Free Bike Consultations - Our groundbreaking work by phone, email, in-person is absolutely going full swing right now!
- Bike Demonstrations - We're getting ready to show off our exciting fleet statewide. We'll be debuting the fleet at the Brattleboro Street Festival on June 2nd and at the Human-Powered Parade in Bristol, VT. More coming real soon.
- Speaking the Vision - Check out Dave's article on "automobilism"
- Presentations - We've been doing it. Next one is for Mother UP! on May 29 in Brattleboro. Email us if you would like to see our paradigm-challenging presentations.
- Bike Shops - We're helping VT shops to become "Green Mobility Centers." Check out how the shops are transforming in Brattleboro and now the shops in Burlington are catching on.
- Burlington E-Bike Initiative - Huge exciting, reloutionary program! E-bike subsides, a demo fleet, workshops and more... (info coming soon)
- Four Season Bike Mobility - Dave went to the 5th International Winter Cycling Congress in Montreal Feb 8 - 10 and came back with a wealth of information and ideas. This coming fall we'll be developing skills workshops for our community to ride year-round.
Look, we all know that for a good deal of Vermont there's a paucity of choices for our local mobility. And that's what VBike is about - manifesting a vision that's proactive & refusing to settle for a virtual automobile monoculture in our communities, Not only is that deadly boring, but it's plain ol' bad for our bodies and our mental health and real bad news for our world. We, our kids, our towns & cities and our world deserve so much more.
MAKE A VBIKE DONATION
This is how a quiet revolutions moves!